About Me

My photo
No seriously, I'm a guy. A gaming, otaku'y guy.

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva

Proper review will come slightly later.

Since I've gotten MHTri, MHFU no longer attracts me all that much any more. Especially since I have farmed pretty much everything I desired...

(Golden Obi for GSword, NormalS set (Full Blango, gemmed to get auto-reload, evade dist+, faint prob half, NormalS up), Pellet set(Mix NargaX and Conga, for evade dist+, PelletS up, capacity up) and Pierce set(mix NargaX and CenaeturZ, PierceS up, evade dist+, loading +2), Ultimate LShan Cannon(normal spamming with all but ice elemental support), Ancient Dragonwood Cannon (yama parts, pellet goodness), Evildarkwind (Narga parts, awesome piercing clipsizes and great affinity).
/shameless brag


I've taken the MHFU UMD out and swapped it with Hatsune Miku: Project Diva. For those of you unfamiliar with vocaloid: Wikipedia entry on vocaloid . Essentially, it's a rhythm game, where an artificial Japanese girl sings a song and you press a button. Much like guitar hero. Now I haven't played guitar hero (extensively), though I hear that the timing in Hatsune Miku is much less forgiving. It matters not, however. The game is easy to get started with and fun to play. Game menu is entirely in Japanese, but ClearTranquil did a wonderful job translating enough into English so non Japanese speaking otaku's (*cough ~ yours truly *cough) can enjoy it, too.

Why did I mention Miku? I thought I've seen plenty of difficult songs (yes, I'm looking at you Miracle Paint), but hell. Hatsune Miku's disappearance normal mode is by far the most difficult I've encountered. Ridiculously fast, and the beat rhythm during chorus, wow, if you miss one, you are likely gonna go downhill from there.

Oh well, trying harder I guess.

Fought Lagarius twice today, on MHTri. Repelled him the first time, but he totally owned me the second time (when I actually have to slay it). Underwater combat makes babies cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment